samedi, mars 26, 2011

Undying Love, the authentic love... Chapter XXXVII


The authentic love

XXXVII


Two weeks later, Chung received a subpoena. Appearing before the court, he observed the witnesses testifying against him. Chung was incensed by the presence of Zi.

Madailéin who attended the trial, stared one that had once been the ex-girlfriend of Chung. She found her miserable. She claimed he was her lover and had retaliated by entering her home per infraction, and that he had violated her under the threat of a weapon. She had become pregnant after the rape and he was forced her to have abortions and he allegedly made death threats.

Madailéin looked at people in the courtroom, she saw in their eyes that he is necessarily guilty because it is foreign. The women looked at him with disdain and their eyes turned toward her, a look that meant she was as guilty as him to being with a monster.

The judge, friend of the victim's parents, seemed intractable. In addition of say what he had done and what that he did, Zi appeared before the court under a false identity. She was called Katy Yong.

- She says anything! Chung shouted, slapping the table to his fist.
- Chung Calm down, you'll be in trouble. Kido said.
- She says anything! Chung retorted.
- I know, but let it go. Kido said.

The judge gave a few hammer blows on his desk.

- Mr. Chung, you have no right to speak. Another speech like this and I'm evacuate you for contempt of court! And it will not be in your favor! Master Kido, I advise you of keep your client! It's in his interest!

Madailéin wondered how she could talk nonsense and, above all, speak against a person who had helped her considerably. She did not just reveal everything she saw and heard, but she allowed him to blame him for acts he had not even committed.

When Madailéin left the courthouse, she was swarmed by reporters waiting outside, since their presence had not been authorized by the court.

- Do you have any comments, Ms. O'Mahony? asked the reporters who jostled.
- I take that with a lot of bitterness! The testimony I heard in that court, are only inventions! He has absolutely nothing to do with it!
- Your husband is the head of the largest criminal organization that has existed for several decades. He is certainly not as white as snow! said a journalist in an arrogant tone.
- Excuse me? she said. What is this bullshit?
- Oh! I see you ignore this minor detail, said the journalist with a sarcastic smile.
- You say anything! And he did not appear under a false identity as a witness that I saw during the trial and who has sworn over to tell the whole truth. How a court can accept that? And choosing a judge who has a relationship with the victim is preposterous.
- Do you know who this person is, Ms. O'Mahony? reporters asked, pressing against each other.
- Do your job, not mine. she said coldly.

Madailéin descended the steps of the courthouse by being followed by journalists who wanted to learn more. She tried to sit in her car with misery.

- Ms O'Mahony? said a man.

Madailéin turned abruptly.

- Yes it's me ... she said surprised to see this man coming toward her.

A man in fifties, tall, black hair and brown eyes with a look authoritarian presented his badge.

- Inspector Brolin, I have some question for you ... he said. It's not fun all these journalists, he said.
- No, not really.

The inspector asked the journalists to leave and let Madailéin in peace.

- It's better like that, he said. Tell me you're a parent with Mellan O'Mahony?
- Yes, my grandfather. Madailéin said.
- So you're one of O'Mahony's Clan?
- Yes, if that's about him, he died, five years ago. Madailéin said.
- Yes, I know. I read a lot about him and your uncle Roban O'Mahony.
- Roban O'Mahony was my great-grandfather, not my uncle, "said Madailéin.
- Ah! People write so many things.
- Hum! It's about my family that you wanted me to ask questions?
- No, he said.
- About what? she asked.

Brolin went a Porky's photo taken on the crime scene.

- Does this face tells you something? he asked.
- If you can call it a face, she said. But yes, I know this man, but by sight only. What's happening? Madailéin said.
- He was brutally murdered two weeks ago, we investigate ... Brolin said. And we think your boyfriend may be involved to this story, or he could be informed.
- My boyfriend was to the hospital two weeks ago, you can be informed. Madailéin said.
- Really sorry to hear that, and what he suffered? the inspector asked coldly.
- He was attacked while leaving a bar. Madailéin said.
- Oh! And you know who could have done that?
- You know, so why ask me? she said.
- You can tell me what you know, if you saw someone or other. Uh! You knew that Katy Yong was the girlfriend of Wayne Chester? asked Brolin.
- I don't know this Wayne Chester, she said.
- Wayne Chester is on the photo, who was called Porky.
- I did not knew. she said.
- Last question, you know Katy Yong? Brolin said.
- Her real name is Zi, not Katy Yong. she said. It's the ex-girlfriend of my boyfriend. She came to court under a false identity, how a court can accept that?

Brolin had a shock, he tried of conceal his embarrassment, Madailéin noticed it.

- What happened to you? You are pale ... Madailéin asked. You feel good?
- Yes, okay.

He paused and raised his eyes to heaven.

- I have no further questions.

He left a card and gave to her.

- I leave you my card, if you have any further details.

Madailéin opened the door of her car. The inspector took a few steps and turned around abruptly.

- Ms O'Mahony! he said.
- Yes! Madailéin said, sighing.

She felt that the inspector was uncomfortable. He looked up at her.

- If that do not bother you, I would like one day we were discussing the O'Mahony Clan, I read a lot about the subject, but I think some papers have been falsified.
- Just come home, you probably know where we live, she said without emotion.
- Well, I thought more in chat over a coffee, he said.

"I dream or is he trying to invite me? Or it's a tactic to make me talk!" she told herself.

- It's a possibility, said Madailéin.
- Thanks, if I pass in the corner, I will stop and we can discuss. he said with a discomfort.
- Yes, I'm sure we'll meet again, Madailéin said with a smile.
- It is a certainty, said the inspector walking towards his car.

She sat behind the wheel, and she laughed and then started up the car. She was eager to return home.

Chung left the courthouse by being chased by reporters upon his turn. Kido had to intervene by creating a path to his client to his car.

- Master Kido! Give us some details on the trial process! asked a journalist.
- I can not comment for this time. Once a decision is made ​​by the court, I will share my comments. Kido replied, trying to carve out a place to go to his car.
- Does Mr. Chung is guilty or innocent? "said another journalist.
- I have no explanation yet. I just told you to wait until the end of the trial. Kido said, sternly.

He went to his car and they left the courthouse.

When Chung and Kido arrived front of the house, Madailéin were waiting them impatiently. Kido said that what she had done in speaking to reporters, could help Chung, but could put her own life in danger.

- I have nothing to reproach myself, I'll do it again, if this represents! Madailéin said.
- I know, but I fear they might want to do you wrong! said Chung.
- I said I shall begin again! Madailéin added.
- You should listen to Chung, he is right. Kido said.
- Why?
- Stop respond! Listen! Kido said.
- Don't talk to me in that tone! Madailéin shouted.
- You should listen Maddie! said Chung.
- The verdict will be delivered in a week, said Kido. Madailéin, if you are unable of control yourself, it would be better that you not come.
- I think that he's right Maddie. said Chung.
- Do you have a real concern to call me by that nickname I hate? she questioned angrily.
- Yes, and far worse than yours so it's good, you can leave, said Kido dryly.

She looked at him up and down, sitting there, his eyes hollow. She turned.

- Madailéin! said Chung.

He went to meet her. The moment a second is passed all the sincerity in the eyes of each.

- Excuse me. But it's better like that, I fear that he something happens to you, understand? said Chung.

Determined not to make a scene, Madailéin swallowed her anger. She turned and went out to the terrace, but not before slamming the door ... loudly.

- She has a bad temper, said Kido.
- You were unpleasant with her, said Chung.
- I was always unpleasant when I speak. But when it comes from her, I feel compelled to be even more nasty. Why her, Chung? There are of very beautiful Chinese women, and especially who don't discuss when (...)
- Kido, you go too far, shut up! It's her and not other. No woman can replace her, you'd better get used to the idea.
- You love her at this point! Kido said, shrugging his shoulders.
- This is the woman of my life and I knew it at the first glance that I put on her.
- My poor Chung, in living in this country has frozen your brain!

Chung did not answer.

Kido, burst of laughter, slapping him in his shoulder.

- It's a demon, she bewitched you. Kido said.
- Yeah ... I asked her of marry me?
- You're crazy!
- Yes, crazy about her. She makes me crazy. I could not ask for more.
- She has a crappy character.

He show him the ring.

- I do not want to go back. I'm not afraid because I know she is the one I need, the one with which I grow old!
- You are really attained!
- You don't have to agree and I did not force you to come to our wedding. said Chung.
- With the expression you have on your face, there's not words I can say, that could make you change your mind. If you really love her, so let's go, and not looking back, I'm with you. Kido said.

Chung turned to Kido, looking surprised.

- Don't look at me like that, said Kido. Little brother, when you love, just go! You know better than anyone that life is too short, did not waste time.
- So you've changed your mind? Chung says
- You're my best friend, the brother I never had. You have the right to be happy, too. Kido said, shrugging his shoulders. It will certainly be hard, but I will eventually get over it.
- Thanks Kido.
- Finally stubborn as you are, it's a lost cause to persist. Kido said.
- Yeah.

Kido went to him.

- Bravo, Chung! Kido said giving him a big pat on the back.


To be continued ...

______________________________



Karole McDowell 2011 - (c) Reproduction is prohibited without 

permission from the author.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Écrivez un commentaire