jeudi, mars 31, 2011

Undying love - Authentic love - Chapter XLII


The authentic love 

XLII


Chung looked at his watch it was 7:30 p.m. He wondered what was doing with Madailéin. He directed her gaze to Mori and gave him a pat on the shoulder.

- Women! They always make us wait! said Chung.
- She was never punctual!
- You are wrong, Saraid. If it is not important, she could arrive with a few minutes late, but if it's important for her, she is always at the exact time! Chung stared Saraid intently.
- I was joking that's it! You're too grumpy!
- She has not arrived yet, and it worries me. said Chung.
- She wants to be noticed! Saki said.
- She will not miss her effect! Saraid said, by looking at Chung.

At the same time, Kido went to Chung and warned him that a police inspector wants to see him. He excused himself and went to see him. When he saw the man standing in the doorway, he saw that the expression on his face was alarming.

- You are Mr. Chung?
- The latest news, that's my name! What do you want?
- Your wife's name is Madailéin?
- It happened to her something!
- Around 6:40 p.m. ... Her car exploded. Your wife died instantly. I'm sorry, Mr. Chung.
- You're sorry! Chung shouted.
- Do you know if people wanted to hurt her? Witnesses saw two men who tried to escape. They were badly hurted probably because of the explosion.
- ...
- Mr. Chung, I understand what you feel, but if you want us to find the culprits, you must answer!
- I can not imagine that a person could wish for death my wife!
- It may be that you were covered!
- Find these bastards!
- We know who you are, Mr. Chung. But, do nothing which could harm our work.
- I'm faster than you! I hope this file will not be placed under the other!
- Please follow me, Mr. Chung.

Chung followed the inspector.

- Listen to what I have to ask you, is quite stressful, I am sincerely sorry. I know it's hard for you but I need that you come identify the body, once in the morgue.

Chung nodded. The body was taken to the morgue! Perhaps he hoped that someone would tell him that it was only a bad dream.

Saki and Mori, were behind him.

- Chung, it is necessary that you went. Mori said.

He looked, then followed the inspector in the police car.

This doing several hours that Chung was questioned by the investigator, he was fatigued.

- Why are you asking me all these questions?
- Look, we are not able to respond.
- Oh yes, you will answer me!

Another inspector went into the office. He looked at the Investigator and asked him to leave.

The door slammed.

- Chung, if we ask you so many questions, is that something serious could be prepared.
- What?
- You know what I mean. Your wife was part of the O'Mahony Clan. They probably learned of the death of your wife.
- And after?
- They will probably want to avenge her by killing those who caused her death.
- It would be a good thing, said Chung.
- If they suspect that you are responsible, they will bring many men to get rid of you.
- Everything you say is ridiculous.
- Please, be careful, they could attack you anytime.
- They know me, they know who I am, I'm not worried.
- The Clan O'Mahony has 16 men who are the ancestors of Mellan O'Mahony, the one who killed 50 British bare-handed, alone and in one night. They are all trained to kill in cold blood.
- I tell you I'm not afraid of them at all.
- As you wish ....
- I can go home now? he said.
- Of course, I make you accompany to your friend Mori.

The inspector observed Chung without able to move. His face contorted and his eyes were filled with anger. He knows what kind of man he is.

Chung was taken back to Mori's home. He stood in the lobby, unable to move. He leaned against the wall and fell on the floor screaming. Mori tried to restrain him, but to no avail.

- What happened, Chung? Saraid said.

Chung directed his gaze to Saraid.

- It's me they wanted, only me, it's my fault!

He gave his fists on the wall.

Saki begged him to stop seeing his hand covered with blood.

- Chung stop that! Tell us what's wrong! Saraid request.

Mori looked Saraid sadly.

- What! What's happening? Saraid shouted.
- The car ... He stared in the void. The Madailéin's car, exploded. She is ... She is dead instantly. Chung shouted.

Saraid stared at him not knowing what to say as if she did not realize that Chung had just said.

Chung grabbed Kido by the collar of his jacket and shook him.

- You killed my wife! Son of a bitch! Chung shouted.
- Chung Stop! He would never hurt Madailéin! This is not the time to talk nonsense! shouted Sami.
- It's not me, I have do anything! You think I could have done such a thing?
- You didn't love her! You and your fucking appointment trapped! Who says it is not you who organized it! Chung shouted.
- You're crazy, Chung, never I would have done that! Kido shouted.

Saraid had to sit on the bench that ran along the wall. She came to realize that during they were laughing like crazy, her best friend had died in a tragic way. She was helpless. She tried to put order in her ideas, but she could not. Too many images, and too many words, in her head paraded.

Sami remained motionless. He knew how he adored his wife. He would have liked to talk to him, but someone might overhear. And this was not the time, Chung wouldn't have listened.

He looked at his right hand, full of blood. His eyes were crazy and his face was full of hatred. Nobody could imagine the pain he felt.

Chung looked into the void. He seemed thoughtful.

- We will offer him a dignified funeral. said Mori.

Chung's father who had a premonition, advanced toward his son.

- What ... What happened?
- Dad, I ... I could not protect her ...

He told him with pain the tragedy.

- Why you have this expression there? asked his mother.
- She can not be dead! Chung said, still staring into the void.
- What are you talking about! Kido said.
- You don't understand, you can't understand. She can not be dead, I would feel it. There's something between her and me, if she dies, I die.
- First, we must warn her family, said her father quietly. I will send messages to her family to come as quickly as possible.
- She is part of the O'Mahony Clan, said Saki.
- O'Mahony? Chung's father said. She has a relationship with Maireen O'Mahony?
- Yes, she was her ancestor, said Chung. She had the same mark on her forearm, five moles that form a constellation.
- What is this madness, said Sami.
- She had the same mark as Mairena on the arm? asked the father of Chung.
- Yes, "said Chung. I have to go to the morgue to identify her tomorrow.
- I'll go with you, said his father.

****

The next day, Chung and his father went to the morgue, to identify the body of Madailéin.

- That is why? asked the doctor.
- Madailéin Chung. he said.
- You are of the family?
- I'm her husband and this is my father.
- Follow me!

The morgue was a cold room and metallic. Dozens of small doors lined the walls and he had an explanation on their use when the doctor opened one and left the body of his wife. He inspired a good shot. It was not the best way to see her one last time. She was burnt, they saw only half of her face, the rest was only blistering. But something was wrong.

Chung's father stared at the body, and he had a strange feeling. She was unrecognizable. Only his bracelet confirmed that it was her.

Chung's father approached of Madailéin. He lifted his right arm. The doctor asked him not to touch the body, but Chung's father gave him a look that silenced him.

- She did not the mark! said Chung.
- No, "replied his father. The body was too burnt to be seen.
- There is a problem? asked the doctor.
- My wife had a mark on her right arm, and it is not there.
- It is possible that you do not see it, her body is completely burned. replied the doctor.

Chung went and sat in his car. He felt like crying for the first time in his life. His head was leaning against the seat and his eyes were closed. Tears streamed down his face, who expressed the most intense suffering. Madailéin was dead. The love of his life was dead. Three times, he thought his life shattered and broken for ever, but he had always recovered. All his hopes one day he could live a normal and happy life flew up in smoke with her. He never imagined his future without her, he felt now a vacuum. Destroyed by suffering and being only the shadow of himself.

His father looked at him without saying aword.

****

The days passed, Chung had stayed in his house as long as everything is organized. People came fairly quickly. but he didn't wanted to see people before the funeral of Madailéin.

Seven days later, the funeral took place everyone was present, Mori and Saraid, Kido and his wife, parents of Chung's, Madailéin's mother, the two cousins of ​​Madailéin, Sami and Saki and several friends and family.

Chung was in front, tears streaming down his cheeks. Kido accosted him ...

- I'm sorry Chung, I understand how you feel.
- No, you can't understand, I lost the one I love and all that through our fault, you can't understand!
- Calm down, Chung, please, said Saraid.
- Leave me alone! Chung shouted.

Chung was screaming now.

His reaction had shocked, a lot of people fear him, silence reigned.

- I'm leaving, said Chung's father to all people.
- Where are you going? asked his wife.
- I have something to check about the death of Madailéin.
- Can I come with you, Saki asked.
- This is not bother me!

Chung could not imagine that he will have to live without his wife. He stared at the coffin without showing any emotion.

He swayed from side to side as if he was insane. At the burial, he remained away from everyone and talking to anyone.

His reaction was very violent when he let down his wife's coffin into the ground. He said that he would join her, she will not be alone for long.

People present looked at him without saying anything.

Saraid took Chung by the arm and asked him to get up. He remained on the ground.

Saraid looked up at the sky.

- Madailéin, do not let him like that! Help him, please! Saraid implored. Tears ran down her cheeks.

Four men richly dressed attracted the attention of Chung. The men looked very nice, he felt good vibes from these foreigners.

They threw a glance at Chung.

- Who are these people? asked Sami.
- I think they are members of O'Mahony Clan, said Mori.
- Do you think they come to avenge the death of Madailéin, thinking that you are responsible? Sami asked.
- No, I'd be dead already, said Chung.

Chung stared at men with more attention, they really look nice.

- They must be of high social rank, look how they are wearing, said Saki.

Kido, raising an eyebrow.

- If these men are doing you a comment, you lower your head and you agree! replied Mori.
- I will never kneel before anyone, whispered Saki.
- I knew they were like velociraptors. Sami said.
- You're exaggerating, as always, replied Chung.

The men nodded in their direction, without a word.

Mori looked at him strangely, but he was not alone. The men watched him rather, as if he intrigued them. They thought he was guilty?

Chung had his own idea of the strange glances they threw him.

-- Madailéin has already told you, something about the O'Mahony Clan? Mori asked.
- I know almost nothing about them. I just know they exist.
- They give me goosebumps, said Sami. It seems they do not like us. They look like vampires. This should greatly convince us not to go ask them questions.
- I know a few bits of information about them, but they are rare and their information more or less verifiable. Mori said.

The men made a step forward and turned their gaze to Sami. They greeted him with a nod and they left, walking one behind the other.

- Why they hailed thee, said Mori.
- I do not know, said Sami.

To be continued ...

______________________________



Karole McDowell 2011 - (c) Reproduction is prohibited without

permission from the author.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Écrivez un commentaire