lundi, février 28, 2011

Undying Love, the authentic love ... III

The Authentic Love... 

III

- Hi! What are you doing here?
- I'm glad to see you too! he said with a sigh.
- I'm surprised, I wanted to walk out of my house and move my ankle!
- I thought you could not do sports!
- Yes, I gotta go see what was happening outside, not to forget what it's like my neighborhood!

Suddenly, a girl who works with her at the post office arrived at her side.

- Madailéin, we go to the movies with others, tomorrow. We wondered if you wanted to come. Maybe with your friend! she said in addressing a dazzling smile to Chung.
- No
- Why?
- Well, excuse me, but girls like you, who become friends with people just to grab the guys, it gives me buttons and I want to hit them. So do me a favor and go away!
- It's not necessary to take it like that! We just wanted to make an effort, that's all.
- Why, I make pity?!

She tried to hold her gaze for a few seconds, but she gave up and she went back with bowed head, with a complexion who approach the peony.

- You should be more sympathetic, even if her intention was bad. said Chung with a smile.
- It's good, you mock of me. Will you come to the cinema with me tomorrow? I would love to go see "The Faculty" at three o'clock.

She had an angelic smile on her face.

- No problem, I'll pick you up to fourteen o'clock.
- Ah! That's my mother. I go there. See you tomorrow!

Once arrived near her home, her mother turned to Madailéin.

- Who was the charming young man with who you were?
- Chung, a friend.
- Well! He is refined to change.
- Mom, I'm not with my friends because they are charming, but because they are interesting!
- It's surprising that a Chinese, is able to be with you without making a depression., they seem to love the tranquility.
- Japanese Mom, not Chinese. Japanese.
- Anyway, then why are you with ... Chung?
- Mom ... I'm not with him! replied Madailéin. It's a friend, which means that our proof of friendship does not go beyond the little kiss to say hello. Then, it's the guy who struck me. And yes, it happens to me to meet interesting people and charming. Fortunately! Now, you're nice and you leave me alone, 28 years old, I have my life and can make three steps outside without being interrogated.

Jim, her supervisor at the post office saw her with crutches.

- Oh no, Madailéin! What happened to you? I knew you could not work, but I did not know you were in the plaster! You're still quarreled? With who!
- Stop doing your bad tongue. I got knock down by a car.
- You might to abstain you, to do extreme rides! he says, laughing.
- Yes, but I met the man of my life! she says, smiling foolishly.
- He will do the work for you, perhaps?
- Thanks, for being happy for me! Stop worry, I'll be back at work soon! You know that I'm the best. Why so much trouble?
- You better! And do not be too sure of yourself, it's the best way to lose your job.
- You try to make me cry or what?
- Without going into excess, a little pain would do you good and it does not hurt anyone.
- Ok boss!

Once back home, she went in her room. By pushing her door, she discovered with surprise, Chung sitting comfortably behind her desk reading a book about dreams.

- Madailéin! shouted her mother. I go to the pharmacy, you need anything?
- No!

She turned to Chung.

- Do not be shy, especially.
- All right, Do not get excited. If it makes you much pleasure every time I enter by the window, I no longer come!
- By the window?
- Yeah! Cool, huh? No, I was a thief in another life. I kept some good reflexes.
- That's right, stop to make fun of me, I hate that.
- Your mother told me I could enter while you were talking to your boss nice.

Obviously she had not said anything.

- Thief, just that? Come on, it's good, you can stay. she said, by sitting on his knees. But what are you doing here? You have no home?
- Yes, but my roommate and my other friends wanted to go out tonight. If I had stayed there, they would not have dropped. As an excuse, I told them I was going to see my girlfriend.
- Oh? I'm supposed to be your girlfriend, since when? You think I'm your mouth-hole of service?
- Come on, stop saying stupid things.
- You really are too nice. At least, I can serve you for something. On that note, good night, I go to bed!
- Madailéin ...
- What!
- It is nineteen hours.
- I do not care!
- You know you're my best friend.
- Yeah that's right ... And the mouth-hole of service!? she said coldly.
- I am serious Madailéin.
- Me too, I'm serious. To hear you, you'd think you're alone in the world. Do not take me for a fool, I hate it. Why you never talk about your friends?
- Those are two different worlds for me. I do not want to mix them.
- That's why you come to my home and that you mix with my family! said she, in looking at him. coldly
- If you have a problem with this, I disappear and you never hear about me. Chung said, sadly.

She wanted to laugh. He was right.

I don't care about his feelings and moods! she told herself.

- And it annoys me, these sudden appearances. You're not my boyfriend, you can't come home like this! she said coldly.
- Ah! Women! he said with a grin.
- Shut up!
- Pfft! he said with a discouraged air.

He pulled her against him and hugged her. Then he began to whistle a tune. It was a sweet melody that Madailéin knew very well. She had a flash. A man. Thirties. No wife, no children.

- You're not married, no children?
- No, why? Because I am thirty years old, I must to have a wife and children.
- What you whistled just now?
- It's "Should I live", David Carva. Oh! I know everyone dislikes.
- Sing it! Sing it,  with the lyrics!
- You want it?
- Please!

Then, with a beautiful voice, he began to sing. Its flash took shape.

She dropped onto her bed and her eyes are revulsed.

This has completely disrupted Chung, who no longer knew what to do. Sheeva, who spied Madailéin again, went to pick the mother of Madailéin.

- Aunt Alayna! shouted Sheeva. Madailéin makes still like the exorcist!
- Oh, no! Not again! cried her mother entering her home. Maddie, my darling, it's over.
- Mom, Mom, it starts again!
- I know. Tomorrow, I will take an appointment with the doctor.
- No! I will not!
- But if you want it to stop ...
- Exactly, I do not want! Leave me alone!
- But you know what that makes to you. I do not think this is a good idea. Remember why we made you hypnotize.
- But it's been a while now. This may be moderated. Let me see.

Her mother sighed.

- Okay, okay. But at the first nightmare, I'll take you to the doctor. There is no question that you do that again to have sleepless nights!
- Thanks Mom.

She got up and left the Madailéin's house, and returned to her home.

- Madailéin! What is this story?
- Excuse me.
- Sorry about what?
- My first boyfriend was not called Lucan, but Sato. We stayed together during a long time, but there is one year and a half, he was hit by a blue Safrane. It was April 1.

Chung became livid.

- Chung what do you have?
- I was there. It was a friend to a friends of mine.

She had a doubt. He was laughing of her? At first, it seemed a bit much. This reminded him of "An Infinite Love." The man who offers her seat to another, and there is a plane crash. Man blames himself for months until he decided to meet the widow without telling him who he is. And of course, he falls in love with her. Then, seeing the reaction of Chung, she said to herself, it was obvious he was as surprised than her, or he was a very good actor.

- Like what, we have many things in common. she said sarcastically. But I do not have the memory of knowing you.
- Me, I know a lot about you. Sato spoke often of you but I never imagined, that this Madailéin, it was you. I ...

He took his head in his hands.

- Excuse me. Finally, I suppose, that you feel the same effect. It's really. It's great while being sad. It's like hot and cold.

She approached him.

- Calm down, Chung, I know very well what you feel. You do not need to tell me.

He looked up. She had rarely seen such a surprise in a single glance.

- Why he never introduced to each other? he asked.
- He liked that we were only together. she said.

She smiled.

- I had forgotten how much I was gullible in this time.
- To you to explain.
- It's a little difficult to explain. I'm not sure, you believe me. After his death, I have ... how can I say? I started having nightmares, but real nightmares, but who seem become a reality, "she said shyly.
- You have nightmares prescient? he says, laughing.
- Every time, Sato was the actor. Once I saw him in a burning building, and just after, at the hospital. The next day I was in emergency with Saraib. A fire broke out. I almost lost my job because I hardly slept for over a month and I was unable to work. So I have consulted a psychiatrist and after several meetings, we agreed that hypnosis would be best for me to forget this episode until I should be more strong to withstand the shock.

He laughed again.

- Why are you laughing like an idiot? she asked.
- Madailéin Sorry, do not take it badly. I just made the association, with your red hair and witches. You gonna scaring me, he said, laughing. Reminds me of a Chinese proverb from the 12th siécle, (...)
- If you go out this crap again, I promise you gonna have very afraid! she said, fixing him in the eyes. And I know your fucking proverb... Shut up, she said.
- The Irish have a really bad temper, he said.
- Do you want to know how much we have a bad temper? she asked. You entered by the window, I can help you to go out by that window and faster than you think., she said, in slapping him on the shoulder.

He laughed. Unable to control himself.

She squinted.

He looked up to her and when he crossed her eyes, he continued to laugh harder.

- We can resume the conversation? she asked.
- Yes, "he said.
- You never knew who I was before? she asked.
- No, he always hid your face. He was very possessive.
- I loved him, and I know, I could never can love someone as much as him. she said.

She would have been better not to say that last sentence, but it was the truth.

He threw a glance at his watch.

- Oops! It's time for me to leave. Well, tomorrow, 14:00, I take you for going to the movies.

And he went out by the window without she had been able to say anything.
- You see, I'm able to jump out the window without your help, he shouted, before getting into his car.

She went to the window to watch him.

He always wants to have the last word, she told herself.
______________________________

To be continued...

______________________________


Karole McDowell 2011 - (c) Reproduction is prohibited without permission from the author.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Écrivez un commentaire