mercredi, mars 02, 2011

Undying Love, the authentic love ... XII

The authentic love

XII


Then, oddly, she thought of the man who had took care of them. She had this strange feeling of knowing him. After reflection, she uttered a little cry of surprise. Why was she not thought of before? These black eyes, long black hair, this deep and warm voice. She had spoken to him on the phone, but that could be only Taki, Sato's brother! How was this possible? That she knew nothing. But the situation was so unusual that this idea has not even appeared far-fetched. She was always deep in thought when she heard the door open. And Taki appeared.

- Hello Madailéin.
- Hi.
- I bring you your meal. I hope you had a good night.
- Yes. Thank you.
- I can not do anything for you tonight.
- Tell me! Chung is going to die?
- Yes, tomorrow. He will be killed ... immolated if I heard correctly.
- What will they do to me?
- They want you to suffer, but they are not crazy. They are aware of your rank and they do not risk killing you. They know that (...)
- My rank?
- Let's say your family history, the men in your family showed up and they would be screwed.
- I do not understand! They will keep me here how long?
- They will let you go after the death of Chung. Listen, I'm going to leave you now.

He turned his back. She waited until he is out the door.

- Taki?

She was right because, by reflex, he turned around.

- ... Damn!
- It's you! Madailéin shouted. Why are you here?
- To save the woman that my brother, even dead, he'll love until the end of time.

Given the relationship she had with Chung, his words were uncomfortable and sounded like a reproach.

- Sato gave me the gift of undying love. He visits me in my dreams!
- It's true! he said smiling.
- Yes. I can feel him in my dreams. I smell his skin. I feel the warmth of his body. I can feel the softness of his being. Several times, I thought about finding a gun and to shoot myself in the head and to finish with all suffering. I'm going to live the same thing with Chung, he will die tomorrow.
- No! It had to happen like that.
- Why?
- He are things that have caused suffering to my brother, and for many other reasons, that I can not reveal to you. It has nothing to do with the neighborhood thugs as you could see or hear ... Chung and my brother, for revenge, have agreed to execute contracts ... he stopped to talk. I would not make you worse. I've already said too much. I have to go.
- No, no! Not now.
- I am constrained.

He was mysterious, but the sadness on his face betrayed him. He went out without looking at her.

Chung woke up shortly after. They tried to communicate as they could, across the glass. They spent all day looking at each in the eyes. This may seem long, but for Madailéin, it was the shortest day of all her life.

A man, she had never seen, came to bring the meal to Chung. When he looked up at him, he was visibly surprised. Then the man turned and looked at Madailéin, his eyes filled with sadness.

For the last time, Taki, came into his room with her meal.

- Taki! I'm not afraid to die! Chung is going to die. I swear I will not do anything to survive. Two is enough.
- I know.
- No, you know nothing! I beg you, do something!
- I can't.
- Say you don't! You don't want me to live with him! You do not accept that I replaced your brother and we love each other! You see it perhaps as a betrayal, but Sato is nothing. He is dead.

She had hurt him, as she had never hurt a person. He looked at her with eyes full of pain and then he said, calmly.

- It must be so, and that happens in this way. I will do nothing to change anything. Never forget, Madailéin. We can not be reasonable when one loves.

And he went out and turned, throwing her one last look. It is only when darkness has invaded her cell, that she realized, the words that she had pronounced. She did not sleep all night. She was thinking about Sato. How could she say this words.

The next morning, she saw Chung write something, and he showed her. These words were for her.

Two masked men entered in the Chung's cell. They forced him to kneel, hands glued against the glass. She stood facing him, hands adjusted to his. His face was strangely quiet. They have not spoke nor tried to communicate. Everything going on in their eyes. The men began to mutilate him by stabbing. As if they would hurt him, but not kill him. They wanted to bleed him as much as they could. His face always remained impassive. And it continued. He wanted that she see him die strong, but his eyes betrayed him. He suffered intensely. When they wanted to finish with him, one of the men put his weapon behind the head of Chung, she closed her eyes because it was to hard. She heard the shot.

When she opened his eyes, she had in front of her, the man she had loved. All her thoughts destroyed. She was going crazy. The men have transported Chung's body. Where? She did not know.

Two hours or three hours later, she no longer knew, a hooded man entered into her cell. He gave her a small box and went, leaving the cell open. She opened the box, there were ashes inside. She closed her eyes, she wanted to wake up. This could be only a nightmare.

She emerged from her thoughts when she saw Sato's brother coming in her direction. One of killers came behind him as a coward, and he shot him in cold blood, a shot in the head.

- This idiot was definitely become too sentimental! said the man.

- No, no, no! shouted Madailéin.

She threw herself on the man who had murdered Taki.

The man grabbed him. She did not even try to struggle when he tied her. He dragged her to a car, he made her sit down inside with violence and he settled behind the wheel. Then he went her home. He threw her in front her door. After a while, who seemed endless, she managed to get up. She seemed to be broken to pieces, both outside and inside. She walked slowly to the door. Her mother came out of her home.


To be continued... 

______________________________




Karole McDowell 2011 - (c) Reproduction is prohibited without permission from the author.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Écrivez un commentaire