lundi, avril 04, 2011

Undying love - Authentic love - Chapter XLIV


Here is the latest chapter :

The authentic love 

XLIV

Chung begins to confabulate, he sits in the dark and remains motionless in front of the room where him and his wife slept.

Mori no longer able to speak with him he is too disconnected from reality. He can't even follow the conversation. He answers anything, or he answers nothing at all. He remains motionless before him, his eyes are empty and without emotion.

Saraid and Mori, celebrated their wedding, September 17, 2010. She invited her parents, brothers and sisters, Madailéin's mother, Chung's parents, and Mori's friends. Sami and Saki were also invited, and many others. Saraid exhibited a portrait of Madailéin in the living room for she to be there too, maybe not in body but of memory.

After the ceremony, they all went into Mori's house. When people saw the portrait of Madailéin, some people found that it was neither the place nor the time to present her portrait. Madailéin's mother, was honored, the respect she had for her. Although she's in sorrow, she knew that her gesture was not inappropriate.

Chung never stopped to contemplate the picture of his wife. He would liked, that she to be at his side. Sami, who was leaning against the wall of the living room, watched him without moving. He put his hands in his pockets and went to join him.

- Hi Chung!
- Hello Sami, we see you very little these days!
- I'm busy. Chung, I'd like to talk you in private.
- Why?
- I would like talk to you. Well, I wanted to tell you that ...

Sami saw that Chung did not want to talk. Even if that he wanted to say him, would be a liberation for him.

- I'll talk about that another time. he added.
- Perfect. Chung said without looking.

Saraid got up and knocked her spoon on the cup, to attract the attention of guests.

- I raise my glass to my best friend who is laughing at me up there! Because I am given a hard time making a speech! She always told me that I had nothing of a speaker!

She had tears in her eyes, and this required her a lot of effort not to cry. All guests raised their glasses.

- I would appreciate if we wore a toast to my friend, Madailéin. I also wish, if we could gather a few moments to celebrate her memory. Saraid said, with trembling voice. She always had good advice to me, and she never judged my decisions, even if sometimes they went against her convictions. Thank you Madailéin, you always supported me. tears streaming down her cheeks.

There was a lot of emotion, but a very great emotion. She sat down and her husband took her by the shoulders, kissing him to show his pride and also noted her courage.

Chung would like to know what Sami had to tell him so important. He had never needed a private discussion. He wanted to ask him, but he was gone as soon as he had refused to listen.

His wife was not being proud of him, thought Chung. She was always seen him, as a strong man. He would have loved to be there to prevent everything that happens, or even being in the car instead. He knows she would not bear to live without him.

****

Twin souls are very poorly known. They are often taken for fools, cause, it's too extraordinary. Yet the Irish believe in it.

The story of Chung and Madailéin began in the Middle Ages, because at that time, twin souls were more common than today. Mixed couples in our time are easier, but less safe, the relationships that went against the law were severely punished. In the Middle Ages, they were beheaded. In our time, a simple look of curiosity or a look of incomprehension. Indeed, in our days, there are still tensions and judgments.

Indeed, twin souls can not being separated. Twin souls are possessive and jealous, although most of the time, one of the two, doesn't admit it. The relationship between two people is increasing in the first intimate relationship, from that moment the twin souls are inseparable, and if they are separated over a week, both into a dark depression.

If one of them dies the other dies. If either of is alive, she will descend into madness. And it ends with a suicide.

Chung lost his twin soul. He has a desire for revenge. He can not live happily without her. He will return to China to try to recharging himself. But he knows that she is alive, but where is she, he didn't know it.

Chung was ready to go to the airport. He put his hand on the handle, and at the same time, his cell rang and he answered.

- You should know the truth! said a voice of a man.
- Who's speaking? Who are you?

Nobody answered.

- Fuck you! Chung shouted.

He hung up angry.

He walked around the house one last time. He went into the kitchen. He took a glass into the cupboard, a piece of paper folded in half slipped and fell on the counter. He unfolded the scrap of paper. This was the result of a positive pregnancy test. He threw his glass on the floor.

"It was good new that she wanted to tell me!" said Chung.

He left his home when he resumed his mind, he drove to the cemetery and went to see his wife. He moved in front of the headstone and began to talk to her.

- Hello, my darling. If you knew how much I miss you. Saraid is married now. I do not know why life has allowed me to live so happy. I allowed myself to love. You were, and you are my breath. I do not know if you're really dead or if it's me who refuse, that you're gone, but please, give me a sign, if you want to hit me because you're hurting, I will be there. I will crawl to you, I will fall at your feet.

Chung passed his right hand in his hair. He remained motionless and he continued to talk to her.

- Every night I think of you. Despite the distance separating us, I am with you wherever you are. I know you expect me somewhere. When you're gone, you took my heart with you. I hit bottom, I'm at wit's end. Once again, my life is going adrift. I'm alive, but far from you, I no longer feel anything. My heart is falling apart without you. People have told any nonsense on us, as if to love you was a crime! A crime against who? I need you more than ever. He is sufficient that you hold me tight. Your love is like a shadow on me. I do not know what to do, I'm still into the dark. We were a legendary couple, because our eternal love began three years ago and nothing can break it. I will love you forever.

A man wearing a coat and a black hat, watched him.

Chung had prepared the minimum. In his hand he held a passport and an envelope. In the cemetery, a profound silence reigned only the singing of birds had broken.

The man dressed in black, went to Chung quietly, when he was near him, he put his hand on his shoulder. Chung straightened up, as if he was ready to confront an enemy.

- Hi, Chung. I'm Meallán O'Mahony, Jr., Madailéin's cousin. I know how you feel. I lost a lot of people that I loved.
- What do you want? asked Chung.
- You decided to leave Canada? You return into your country? the man asked. You hope to find a better future, hoping to find the smile that lit her face.

Chung watched him. This man seemed really radiate kindness, he was probably aged than thirty years, smartly dressed, he should have money.

- You will leave alone? the man asked.
- No, I have a friend coming with me. Sorry, I must leave now, I have to go to the airport to buy my ticket and fly as soon as possible.

The man handed him an envelope.

- Take this, said the man.

Chung opened the envelope. It was the last straw, he barely knew this man and he had bought his ticket. The Irish are they all like that? he wondered. But he was surprised to find another ticket.

- Why two tickets, Chung asked.
- The life sometimes surprises us. You came by taxi?
- Yes! What kinds of surprises?
- Come on, I'll take you to the airport.
- Thanks, said Chung.
- Nothing to.

The rest of the trip was spent in quiet until they reach their destination. They both went back inside the airport. Once checked baggage, they headed towards the departure lounge.

****

Madailéin begged Sami, to let her get out. See her like that, saddened him. He could not let her, it was for her safety that he did it.

- Sami, let me get out ... Let me get out ... she continued to scream. Chung will go without me!
- I beg your forgiveness Madailéin, but we must wait. he said softly. Chung is with Meallán, he will not let him go without you.

Sami stayed into the car with Madailéin. She had finally stopped screaming, she looked outside and said nothing. She was like frozen.

Three men of O'Mahony's Clan arrived shortly after.

- I'm scared! I don't want to lose him. Madailéin murmured.
- All will be ok. Sami whispered to her.
- Sami is right. Chung love you too much to lose you and nothing will happen to him because that he is possessive. He knows you're not dead, and he knows that if he lets you alone, men will scramble to take his place. affirmed one of the men with a smile.

- Well, he must go now, said Sami.
- What will I tell him? Madailéin asked.
- What's going on in your head, said Sami.

They left the car and they entered through the main entrance of the airport.

Chung getting ready to board the plane. Her heart leaped in her chest when she saw him. She saw the concern in his eyes. A great happiness, and relief swept over her. He was there!

- Why did you leave, Chung? You have no right to leave without me! she said in a trembling voice.

It was the voice of Madailéin, he could feel her smell. He prayed that this be neither his imagination nor a dream. He turned cautiously, by hearing the voice. She was back, she was alive, he knew it. She threw herself into his arms without delay and immediately, he hugged her.

- I'm sorry, I did not want to hurt you.

His eyes only reflected that love and tenderness he felt for her. She gently placed her hands on his cheeks. She put her head on the shoulder of Chung, and closed her eyes. She felt good now that he was there.

- Forgive me, but if I hid, is ...
- Say nothing. Baby! I was going crazy without you. The main thing is that we are finally together. he added with a smile.
- Nobody can please me as much as you. Madailéin said, stroking his face.
- I understand you, you know! said Chung.

He put his hand on the belly of Madailéin with a smile.

- Boy or girl? asked Chung.
- Boy, she said smiling.

He could hardly realize that he was going to have a son, his child, the flesh of his flesh. He touched the womb of Madailéin to better prove, that it was true.

Sami was accompanied by three men dressed in black. He went to Chung.

- I tried to tell you, but you would not listen to me. Sami said. Chung, you can not stay here.
- I know. Chung said calmly.
- The departure of your plane is in an hour.

She jumped by hearing a shout that seemed to come from behind. Saki ran towards them.

- What are you doing here Saki? Madailéin asked.
- I go with you! Chung is my friend and ... you, I love you. he stammered. You didn't want to abandon me! Glad you're back, Madailéin.

He did not seem surprised to see her alive.

Chung stared him, bewildered

- What, you were aware? he wondered
- You were so convinced she was not died, you've convinced me.

Madailéin watched him, smiling.

- Well then everything is returned to normal, Chung regained his air of love moron! Saki said, laughing.
- Glad that you come with us, said Madailéin.
- I'm your shadow. You can't get rid of me. I warn you. Chung, your parents are not there?
- No, they left yesterday morning.
- Him ... he does not come! Saki said in pointing Sami, with his finger. And Mori?
- Sami will join us later. Mori and Saraid remain here.

Chung wrinkled his nose.

Sami, who began to feel a little uneasy, he told them that the plane will leave in 10 minutes. The three men bowed Chung, with respect. 

Madailéin, Chung and Saki, went toward the plane. They turned one last time to Sami, and they boarded the plane by saluting him. 

Chung was happy to return to his homeland with his wife, where he was born, where he had his life. He was eager to be back on the mainland, see his friends and his family, he had not seen in years. 

They were finally found. After all the hardships they had lived, they were able to happiness, they had finally found what they sought for so long. Today's life gave them a wonderful gift, a child, they would being parents and in that instant their life seemed bright, knowing that the future, their future together could not being more than happy.

The end ...

_____________________________


I hope you enjoyed the second story, of Chung and Madailéin. They will soon be back in a new story.

The title will be: Undying Love, the mysterious painting.

______________________________



Karole McDowell 2011 - (c) Reproduction is prohibited without permission from the author.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Écrivez un commentaire