dimanche, février 13, 2011

Undying love - Chapter IX


* UNDYING LOVE *

- IX -


She took a deep breath before opening the door of her apartment. He was there he came to pick her as he had said. He was so beautiful. He wore faded blue jeans, a black t-shirt and a jacket the same color. His hair was as usual, indisciplined and ebony black. I saw his smile that made me tremble so.
Chung was very gallant, as we do not see often. He opened the door, he waited until she settles in, shut the door and settled in turn by her side. They were on their way. She looked at him and asked herself why he had asked her to come out. Without doubt, he asked to himself the same question, but rather, what had he to she has agreed. They dared not speak neither one nor the other. He then broke the silence.
- You okay, he said shyly.
- Yes. she replied with her eyes fixed on her hands. 
- Where are we going? she asked.
- In Montreal. he replied. - Montreal? she threw surprise. But it's 3 hour drive, right?
- I have all the time and you? he said with a grin.
- Yes.
She did not say nothing. Her eyes rested on his hand, which was on the gearshift. He had long, thin fingers. The car stopped, which brought her out of her thoughts.
- We have arrived. he said.
- Already? But we're not in Montreal! she said surprised.
- No, I changed idea. I accept your apology on condition that tomorrow you go out with me again. He said mischievously.
- Apology why? What have I done?
- You don't trust me.
- I don't remember saying that!
- No, but you have thought.
He went down from the car and came to open the door. He held out his hand to help her down and closed it behind her. They walked at side to the other when he pointed to a house.
- Where are we? she asked.
- It's my house, he said still with his smile.
"Oh no, not that!" she said to herself.
- You are mistaken about my intentions! he said.
- I still have not said anything, she replied coldly.
- No, but you have thought about. They entered in and he fetched a chair, he placed beside the door.
- Sit there! he said. Doesn't remove your coat.
- Oh! Okay. She sat down without saying anything.
He took off his coat and went to the kitchen. She could hear the rattle the dishes, utensils. He prepared a meal and ate.
"But he does what? And I'm supposed to do? Wait like an idiot?" asks she. "What kindness, I never thought it possible. " she said to herself, sighing.
He left the kitchen with a chair and sat opposite her.
- What do you drink? asked he.
- But you kidding me? she said offended.
It was a few minutes they sat facing each other. His arms were crossed and he looked at her from time to time.
- It's going to last long, this little game? she asks.
- Yes, until your thoughts toward me, become more ... positive.
- Oh! You hid a small comic, that I see! He smiled, lowering his head. He looked up and looked at her without moving.
- Do not look at me like that, she said uncomfortable.
- I can stay in this position for hours, it does not bother me, you know!
- This is not the position that bothers me, but look what you have, you do not look at me, you devour me eyes, it makes me uncomfortable.
- You like it?
- No, she replied dryly.
- Earlier this will be yours, to dazzle me!
- What do you mean? she asked, intrigued.
- I will not reveal to you all at once or there will be no surprise. Chung said, smiling.
- You're mysterious. But what do you mean when you say that I will ... she asked, worried.
- You see! You still have bad thoughts about me. he said smiling. So, where are you come from? You and your family?
- Why?
- I want to know who I talk, who you are?
- My family is from Dublin, Ireland. But I was born in Quebec. And you?
- I arrived here, there are two years. I lived in Toronto before.
- You have to find Quebec City very small compared to Toronto, right? But why did you leave?  
- A real contrast with Toronto yes. he laughed. But I came here first because I knew an angel Irish await me!
- Stop making fun of me, please!
- I'm not laughing, you feel nothing?
- Yes, humiliation.
- Nah! The fact that you have thought that I intended to put my hand on your underpant the first day, get the same effect. Then his cell rang. Excuse me. He answered. He got up, to discuss away. When he returned, he said he would take her home soon.
"Saved by the bell", she said to herself.
- I'm sorry, I have an emergency at the Store, I hate to bring you back like that. he said.
"But for who he takes me?" asks she.
He brought her home. He stopped the car and turned to her.
- So you go out with me tomorrow? asks he look serious.
- You want to come out with me tomorrow? You'll make me sit where this time? 1 meter away? she asked, offended. I do not think this is a good idea. I had my dose of humiliation for tonight, you know.
- I come to you tomorrow at 18h, alright with you?
He went down from the car and opened the car door to get her out.
- So, it is okay for tomorrow? he asks again.
- When your shyness disappears, you are daring, it's incredible! said she, could not help smiling.
- That smile means yes, see you tomorrow!
He got into his car and left.
_______________________________________


http://twitter.com/Karole_McDowell

Karole McDowell 2011 - (c) Reproduction is prohibited without permission from the author.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Écrivez un commentaire