mardi, février 15, 2011

Undying love - Chapter XXII


* UNDYING LOVE *


- XXII -

Our love will never die, it will live beyond the time....

Chung passed a short night and rather bad. He had practically not close the eye, constantly replaying the day before and the indifference of Madailéin.

He felt bad about that. He does not even imagined marrying this girl, it gave him nausea. She was so different from Madailéin. Madailéin was so angry and so sincere, it made him sick.

- 2 -

Madailéin woke up so tired that when she went to bed. She had drawn. She sighed and went to the kitchen. She stopped suddenly when a knock at her door.

- Who's there? Madailéin asked.
- It's me, it's Mai! Open the door, please! she shouted.

She opened the door, and Mai came in with a big smile.

- Hello, Madailéin! she said.
- Hello! Madailéin replied coldly.
- You do not look good, say so! noticed Mai.
- I have not slept.
- Look, I brought muffins for breakfast. You eat with me? Mai said, still with her smile.
- I'm not very hungry. What do you want Mai? she asked.
- You have to eat and don't argue with me. said Mai.

She took a muffin and tea. Mai appeared satisfied. They spent the morning discussing.

- Madailéin, tell me what happened yesterday, would you?

Mai gave her a quizzical look. She put her elbows on on the kitchen table, she looked at her.

Madailéin was uncomfortable.

- Mai Damn! Stop look at me, this way!
- I know what happened, yesterday. Chung had a dirty mine this morning, worse than yours if I may. Then he apologized or not?
- It was not really him, but I thank Zi, she warned me, and you! You didn't say me, it's pathetic. Madailéin replied without looking her.
- What is pathetic is that you believed this bitch, that's very, very shabby. Mai said without emotion.
- ...
- Then he came to see you yesterday to apologize, is not it? Although to be honest, it's me that he had proposed. He was pitiful to see, but in what condition you have put him. Mai said blowing loudly.
- And me? In what condition do you think I was? You think I been partying last night? she said coldly.
- Of course not! So what did he told you, to be forgiven? asked Mai
- He was nice and soft, as he is normally. Madailéin said.
- Explain yourself!
- He tried to kiss me and I pushed him away suddenly.

Mai stood for a moment speechless.

- You've rejected? May asked, surprised.
- He looked at me and I rejected him, I wished him to be happy with Zi and told him that I did not do it, but I undid it. I told him it would be better to separate us before it is too late and I left.
- Are you serious? Ah well, I understand why he had that mood this morning. said Mai.
- You know why? Because Zi is here and it gets too complicated. He will be better with her and more ... she. Madailéin stopped talking.
- Do you sometimes listen to you talk about? What she could have more than you? She knows our culture? She speaks our language? But there's one thing she will never possess, and you know what? His heart, because he gave it to you! cried now Mai.
- Yeah, yeah ... said Madailéin disinterested. I don't know, but it confirms what I thought at first, then, the subject is closed, said Madailéin with tears in her voice.
- If you think I'm gonna let you ruin your relationship and break the heart of my brother, you're wrong!

Mai said, looking at her, furious. You can not run away forever, you'll have to confront it at some point.

- I'm sorry Mai. Madailéin said.

- He just wants to see you, you live in the same house, you can not you stay here, long time. said Mai.
- I know it.
- And the battery in your cellular is dead. He called you last night? asked Mai.
- Yes. she said.
- Thou hast answered or you wish he falls on your voicemail? You have heard the message then? asked Mai.
- It's not that important. Madailéin said.
- He will come to see you soon, he will be here shortly, and you must speak to him. said Mai.
- He must come here? This is a staged, you getting ready for him, right? This is not very honest of your part, Mai. You lied! she said angrily.
- I don't remember I told you why I was here! I came to talk with you and take your news. said Mai.
- You could stay with me? Madailéin asked.
- Oh no! Surely not! Assume your deeds! said Mai, rising.

She left before Madailéin can add something and she groaned.

Thirty minutes later, someone knocked at her door. She could no longer evading this time. She could not keep him waiting, after all, he was still her boyfriend, if one can see it like that.

She walked toward the door with a sigh, and she took a deep breath and opened the door. She tried to give herself a good dose of courage. He entered with a determined air.

- 3 -

(Two hours earlier)

Yesterday was a real torture. Chung woke up too late, with difficulties falling asleep He was nearly noon when he awoke. He got up, get dressed and gone to open his shop. He wanted to talk to Madailéin, he would not wait more, he wanted to see her, he needed it. He asked his sister to go to the hotel room of Madailéin to talk to her.

He plunged into the idea that she had been shaken by yesterday and he want at any price bring her toward him, otherwise he would go mad. Even Sami, could no longer endure him.

He had called several times in the day, but she did not answer any of his calls. He was frustrated. He wondered what excuse he might invent to persuade her. He could get hurt enough to need to go to the hospital, she loved him she would have rushed to get to his bedside, but he found the idea too much push. He could not decently do that.

He tried to keep busy in the shop, but he was unable, eyes riveted on the phone constantly, waiting for the call from her sister. He turned around, like a animal in a cage and he rushed on his phone when rang.
His sister told him he could go.

He went to the hotel Madailéin he went up the stairs, he waited a few minutes and he stood still at the door, and knocked three taps. He passed his hand nervously through his hair and she opened the door.

- 4 -

She lost her calm when Chung entered the room. She found him more beautiful than usual. Maybe the separation had a good effect. She wore the dress that he liked, a black slinky dress with a slight neckline.

He found her beautiful, or else, more beautiful than ever.

He looked at an imaginary point beside of she and his voice was neutral, neither cold nor playful or shy as he was accustomed and she was disconcerted. He felt the pressure the day yesterday in his temples.

- Why did not you answer my calls? asked Chung.

He was sudden, but he was a little angry.

- I was a lot ...
- Busy? Doing what? Take care of someone other than me? Or you've started to see that damn Irish? She looked at him surprised and he could see her expression harden.
- If you came here to get me out of crap like that, it's not necesary to stay longer. she said angrily.

Her voice had snapped and slammed, it made him shiver.

- Forgive me, I'm on nerves today. he repeated.

She raised her eyes for a moment on him and he was surprised by the coldness of her eyes, usually so soft. She was unmoved, she was clearly angry now.

- What do you want Chung? she asked.
- I want talk to you.
- I don't really have time for that, and I promised to a friend, I would help him find a birthday gift for his new girlfriend, she said.
- A friend? he said angrily. Who is this friend? It is time that youregain your proper place, and it is with me, not with this (...)
- With that what? This is my friend I'll point out, and he asked meto help. Why would I refuse? Madailéin said.

- Because he must have a sister or a mother, right? He could ask them. But I find it strange that he you ask this right now. As if he expecting that you was no more with me to flirting you. Chung said angrily.
- Flirting me? she said insulted.
- Yes flirting! Is what you're cold with him, as you are with me?

She did not answer and he lowered his eyes annoyed, especially wounded.

- Everything was going well, until yesterday my love. I'm sorry to everything that happens, but it's not my fault, he said.
- You're right, replied Madailéin. It's mine, I stole a man to a woman and it was not my intention and I would never have to attach me to you. This is not correct from me.

He shook his head, he did not understand, and he was lost and helpless.

- I don't understand, said Chung.
- There is nothing to understand, our relationship must be kept strictly friendly and it's it will from today, she said with tears in her voice.

She stepped back but he grabbed her by the arm.

- I just want you to leave me alone now! she added.

She had so much sadness in her eyes. He hated to impose it, but he hated her even more, that she imposed it in their relationship.

- Don't do that, please.

He whispered and he could feel his voice choking. She bowed her head and he released the pressure around her arm.

- Please, Chung. Don't break my heart, I beg you, she said.

Her words killed him and he dropped his hands, releasing his grip. He could not endure it much longer. She no longer wanted him, and he could not stand, and he did not believe her.

- Madailéin? he said.

She turned and she looked at him into his eyes.

- We will not never separate, you and me? Never! he added. I prefer that we would die together, he said, coldly.

She simply to fix him, without a word.

He stared at her for a moment before bringing his hand to her waist as he pressed her against him and he put his nose into her neck to breathe her smell. His left hand left her waist, to rest on her cheek and He pressed her against him, more before slowly put his lips on hers.

He kissed her. A huge smile lit up his face. He stroked her cheek and pressed his forehead against hers.

- I will never hurt you, my love, he said. I'll protect you, no matter what it costs me. Let me love you.


_________________________________

http://twitter.com/Karole_McDowell
http://www.facebook.com/karole.mcdowell

Karole McDowell 2011 - (c) Reproduction is prohibited without permission from the author.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Écrivez un commentaire