dimanche, février 13, 2011

Undying love - Chapter XVII


* UNDYING LOVE *

- XVII -

Madailéin left her home and borrowed the same path she takes daily. She passed in front the shop Chung, without throwing a look.

She passed in front the restaurant where she went for dinner. The Irishman, that Sami had presented her, went out at full speed, seeing her passed. She turned, looked at him coldly, and went her way. He seem surprised, and he dared not speak to her again, saw the look she threw him.

She passed in front the museum she stops a few moment, and retraced her steps. She went inside. She walked until the painting of the nineteenth century, representing a couple,  where everything has begun. Where he had finally dared to speak to her. She looked at the painting, lost in her thoughts.

She was deconcentrated by the door of the museum, which opened ... Someone posted himself on beside her. She could not see who it was, and she did not want to know it, preferring to remain locked in thought.

- It is nice this painting, you do not find? said a voice.

That voice, she would have been recognized, among of thousands persons.

In response, she shook her head up and down. 

- This couple really seems to love each. he said.
- Yes, and he seems very nice. she replied just as coldly.
- I already felt an electric current through my body in this museum, about six months ago. he added.
- ...
He likes to caress her face when she's asleep. But without her, he is already dead. he said.
- ...
Talk to me, say something. This silence is unbearable.
- I'm not like that. You're wrong... the one who screams and hitting is ZI, not me, you do not strike at the right door.
- I knew she had been to Sami's home and she had tried to hurt you, I am deeply sorry... I don't... he stopped talking.

He looked at her, he thought he saw a tear running down her cheek... He held out his hand, but she did nothing. She turned to him. She looked at him with such a void in her eyes, he had a broken heart.

- You know, she began. I thought I was a challenge for you, as a kind of bet... You could not stop telling me you loved me, asking me to go out with you in a way so true that I have believed. I fell in love with you from the moment I met your look. But that's the past. All this is behind me now.

Her words was hurting him, he wishes that he hallucinated, he wished, she never had to pronounce these words.

Every day he had figured it out, and now she was near him, he was certain that his heart belonged to her, and at this moment, more than ever. He wanted to tell her what he felt in his heart, but words are knotted in his throat. He wanted to tell her, but, as always, he swallows his words without saying them. So many words, he never dared to let pass his lips. And yet, he would like so much.

- I'm so sorry, if you knew, I'm a real idiot, I hope you can forgive me. he said. I'll do anything to redeem myself. You see, and feel as cold is unbearable. I still remember, your eyes ravaged by sadness and disappointment, and it is unpleasant to me. You were so angry, so angry against me, do you tremble. When you opened the door and you asked me to go out, I left your house, I felt that my life would crumble. I liked it so much that you're begging me to stay, but you did not do. Forgive me my love, I ask you again... forgive me. he said, eyes filled with guilt.
- The most nice word you had spoken in your speech is the word "moron". she replied, still too cold.
- Look at me Madailéin and tell me everything's back like before. Tell me that I exist for you. 
- Chung, I love you, and I hate you so much at once. she said.
- Your eyes have lost their luster, this light in your eyes is gone. he replied.
- You have disappointed me, you did not have a good opinion of me, so why continue. You've judged me, and I hate you for that, I can't help it.
- This is the first time that I was disrespectful toward you, and it was the last time. I will never want to be separated from you, never again. Please come back, if your ears do not listen to me, ask your heart to do it. he said.
- ...
- You are there in front of me. I want to throw me in your arms, but I restrain myself. I have not yet found the courage to support your look. How many times I tried to control my emotions, but I can't.
- Chung...

Chung went to Madailéin.

- I beg you, he whispered in her ear. Madailéin, my love. I can not live without you. This idea is unbearable to me.

Madailéin pushed him away.

Chung touched the tips of her lips. Madailéin could not resist to Chung, her was conscious, but that's how she was happy in his arms. He could not live without her, and her, without him. This love was their strength and their conscience. They knew it.

_______________________________________

Karole McDowell 2011 - (c) Reproduction is prohibited without permission from the author.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Écrivez un commentaire