mardi, février 15, 2011

Undying love - Chapter XX



* UNDYING LOVE *



- XX -



Madailéin was sitting behind the counter at the bookstore. She disliked Monday, it was the longest day and especially the day when there were not many customers. She was lost in thought, looking out the window. She turned her gaze to the book she had begun to read and she took it. She turned the pages and went to where she had stopped.

The door of the bookstore, opened. Sami entered. As usual, he walked with a slow step. He leaned on his elbows and gave her a smile.

- Madailéin, how is your day? he said calmly. 
- It's Monday, it's quiet. she replied. 
- I don't bother you, then. I passed in the area and I told myself that I absolutely had to come to salute you with courtesy. he said smiling.

She was still laughing to see him smile. She didn't know, that the face could contain so many muscles. He could make wrinkles unbelievable. However, his skin was smooth like a baby.

- It's very nice, so what's new? she asked. 
- Okay! he said without emotion. So, between you and Chung, its ok? he asked. 
- Yes, okay? she said. 
- So he didn't return too drunk last night? He is not easy when he drank, said Sami. 
- You know, a man it's a man when he is drunk, he is drunk, if you know what I mean, she said, smiling.
- When Chung takes too much alcohol, he became aggressive. 
- No, I know him, that he is under the effect of the alcohol or not, he's not violent! she said. But ... what I felt yesterday, was not of the agressivity. she said, smiling.

Sami groaned.

- Madailéin, we must to talk. If you want to listen to me. 
- Okay, but don't tell me anything, she said, making him a wink.
- Let me finish until the end, even if envy takes you to grumble. Okay?
- Ok! You arouse my curiosity! she said. 
- Chung love you, We must be crazy for not realizing it. But the Chung that you love and who love you, is not what you think. This is not a man without reproach. He has made mistakes in his life. 
- What you are telling me! she said, surprised.
- Let me finish, I told you not to interrupt me. When he said, that he could kill for you, he must believe him, you do not know what he is capable to do. And his jealousy is unforgiving. It's my best friend is like a brother to me. You don't have to be afraid of him. Never, he will to beat you, he would kill himself after he did. 
- You're drunk, she said, smiling. You talk about a man, that I don't know. I do not see the interest.
- You do not understand, I think. Chung can be very dangerous, you do not know who he is. The true is heedless of others, and cruel. When he wants something he gets it ... To love you, he loves you, it is a certainty, but, you will never be his wife. Even if he told you, do not believe him, you're just a fun for him. 
- Grrrrr! You're starting to scare me ... she said without emotion. 
- He's just playing with you, while me ... I love you ... And I swear that I will not let him hurt you.
- It's really your best friend? I would not know what you would say if he were your enemy, she said without looking. You're supposed to be for him and not against him. she said. 
- You are not shocked? Sami asked. 
- No, why should I be. I know him, I know he is jealous, very jealous, but I also know that he's not crazy.

Sami raised his eyebrows.

- Listen to me, Sami. Everyone has a past, including myself. But we must learn to turn the page. I am able to do so. We must take stock and grow! I will not put my relationship in peril because of a stupid discussion!

Sami looked at her surprised. He did not believe his ears. He was telling her that Chung could be dangerous and she took it like a grain of salt. He had not even managed to raise her eyebrows. Sami sighed annoyed, and nerves.

Sami has no girlfriend because he wanted a woman out of reach, the girlfriend of his best friend. She was everything that he was looking for a woman. She was beautiful, intelligent and funny, and moreover, there was nothing to discourage her. He was in love with her, but Chung had put his hand on her before him. Sami wondered what she could find him.

- Sami, you came to see me to make me afraid? Or you came to see me as a friend, if you know what that word means, she said sarcastically.

Instead of answering, Sami came up to her. 

- You have not still understood, he said surprised. 
- Understand what? she muttered. 

Madailéin felt the breath of Sami, sweeping her face.

- If you knew how much (...) 
- What did you eat for lunch? she asked. Because your breath is not very ... attractive, she said without emotion. 
- Will you let me finish? he said. He began to get nervous.
- Oh! Excuse me, she said, raising her eyes. 
-If you knew how much, you see every day in the arms of ... Chung. I could ... no, I would like to give you so much more. 
- Sami ... she whispered. 
- Madailéin, he said on the same tone. 
- He will kill you, she murmured. You just tell me that he is dangerous and you dare to flirt with me or you're brave, or you are just stupid.
- I take the risk, and I'm not afraid of him, he said. 
- Well, yes! You would not have said that he was dangerous! But ... To return to what you could give me more than him, I hope this is not what you ate, because really, if it tastes what that it smells, it's not won. she says, laughing. 
- You could not be serious for once? he said offended. You're boring, shit ... added he, striking on the counter. 
- But there is another possibility, she said, making him a wink.
- Yes, what? he said smiling. 
- I could introduce you to my cousin, she is just as boring as me, she said, by fixing him. 
- Forget it, he said. He walked to the exit

She sighed and she gave a tapping on the counter with her nails.

- Sami darling, she said. Come see me, approach you very close me, she said. 

He turned abruptly. Her voice was cold and hard. This voice made him shudder.

He approached her. Only a few inches separated their faces. His eyes went from her eyes to her mouth, her mouth to her eyes. She took his chin in her hand and turned his head so she could see his ear.

- Sami, she said in a soft voice.
- Yes, Madailéin, he said, his voice trembling.

She took his earlobe between her thumb and forefinger and she pulled it sharply. He made a painful face.

- If it's not Chung, who will kill you, I will, if you dare to still slander Chung or if you dare come near me. she says, without any fault in her voice.

She withdrew her fingers on his earlobe and she pushed his face suddenly.

His face was pale. He looked into her eyes, and he saw that she was not kidding. She had the same look that Chung, the same menacing gleam in her eyes. It's especially this, which made him feel sick, much more than her words.

- Bye Sami, and good afternoon, she said, without releasing him of the eyes.

He walked toward the exit, he opened the door and left without looking at her.

_________________________________

http://twitter.com/Karole_McDowell
http://www.facebook.com/karole.mcdowell

Karole McDowell 2011 - (c) Reproduction is prohibited without permission from the author.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Écrivez un commentaire