mardi, février 15, 2011

Undying love - Chapter XXIII



* UNDYING LOVE *



- XXIII -

A bad choice can break a life and it's not without consequences...


Two days, that he could not sleep. He was happy that his friend had the woman he wanted so much in his life. He was pleased that everything went as he wished, she loved him as much as he could love her.

He was to join Mai, Chung's sister in a restaurant 30 minutes from his home. He must talk to her. Only her, could understand without judging. He parked his car in front of the restaurant. He went to the entry, he breathed heavily. She had chosen the ideal place, a table away from others, she understood. She knew he confided himself only very rarely. He hated it. He did it, only if it was really serious.

- Hello Sami, said Mai
- Hi, he said.
- So what's bothering you at the point of choosing a restaurant to the other side of town? she asked.
- I'm an asshole. he said painfully.
- Why do you say that? she whispered.
- Because it's true.
- Yes, yes, but why do you say that?

He tried to find words to guess she quickly guess his painful secret.

- I have betrayed your brother. he murmured

She froze.

- Ok, and about what? she asked.
- Try to understand is hard enough. I will not do you a drawing.

She looked at him strangely. She was not certain she understood.

- Okay, okay. I hope I'm wrong, but you have ... I don't know. Do you think to the same person as me? she says, eyebrows raised.
- How could she have guessed?
- Sami?
- Really or mentally?

She inspired again.

She had always been gifted for listening without judging, advise, assist.

- You're in trouble, she said. You know it? she was angry. You flirt with her?
- No! Finally, yes, in my thoughts.

She sighed.

He straightened up and passed his hand on his face, the stomach knotted. He had hardly said anything and he began to panic.

- In your mind! Ok, I'm listening. she said.

She shot him a second glance.

- I knew that she pleased you but ... I don't know. He does not know, is not it?

He answered no, with a nod

- You made love with her?
- No, she only has eyes for him, I don't know if she knows that other people exist except Him. he said with a slight frustration.

She looked at him, raising an eyebrow. A silence settled during which she seemed to think.

- And since when?
- When she came home with Chung. He had to make a purchase and she was stayed alone with me. She didn't talk to me, nor even looked, until he returns. But something weird happened in my head, and without understanding at the time, her presence bothered me, not in the sense that she did not have to be there, but (...)
- Are you in love with her?
- And these feelings, they are serious or is it just a fad or just the idea trying? she asked.
- It's not a whore! he said furiously.
- Oh, I see! This is serious, then! she concludes, based on its response.
- You think I would ask you to move you, for futilities? he said annoyed.
- You're in deep shit. she repeated.
- I knew this would happen ... or rather ... I suspected. And Chung, well before he was with her, he had alluded to, but I took it as a joke. And today, I think that she has perhaps not met the right person at the right time.
- You have heard what you just said? And you're serious about your words? she said.
- Yes.

His stomach knotted.

- He loves her. He's crazy about her, and her, too. I saw in her eyes the first time I met her. she said. You can don'thing against fate, they are made for each other, at the risk of disappointing you. He's not just the love between these two. There is a phenomenon between them that is not explained, even me, I can not put my finger on it, but they are together and even though my father would do anything to separate them, he will come not. So you, either. she said without emotion.
- Destiny has wrong on this one. he said.
- Then, a solution is offered to you. You talk with Chung, when you have enough courage to do so. You'll have to tell him is the least of things, and I will try to mend fences. Or, when you see them, you tell them. she said.

His heart missed a beat when he looked at her, panicked.

- Either that or I talk to my brother. And between us, it is better that it's you who does so first. she added. Or you reacted, and you forget your betrayal mental.

Why these words, spoken by Mai, tormented him so much? Why he regretted not having invited her, before Chung.

- I'll try to talk to him. he said.
- Hmm, she said.
- What hurts the most, is that I feel truly feelings for her. I can not deny it. he said.
- Love does not control. If he had to fall in love with her, that he would have been in another city, it would not change anything. You can understand the love that my brother was feeling for Madailéin, even before talking to her? Have you noticed how he was unhappy not to find the courage to talk to him? You want to destroy him? A friend don't do that, Sami. Mai said almost angrily.

A wave of guilt came over.

- Chung is in love with her.
- I know, he said.
- And it does not prevent you from being in love with her now.
- You think I done it on purpose to fall in love with her? he said in a mournful voice.

She did not answer immediately.

- But I don't know if you're really in love with her or if you do it, by simple jealousy. You could see him almost all the time and there you see him a little less. she said.

The silence between them.

Butterflies fought violently in his stomach, and a flash, Madailéin arms, which twined around him, bothered him.

- So ... You must act accordingly. she said.
- What do you mean? Sami ask.

He sighed, focusing again in shit which he had put himself.

There was a silence.

Mai sighed. She paused, and an awkward silence. He swallowed. Despite him an odd jealousy invades the idea that she shared his bed.

- I could arrange a dinner meeting with my mother, you and Madailéin. And then I could explain to her, what do you think? he asks.

He looked at her, his throat suddenly dry, his heart beating very heavily in his chest.

- I'll talk to her about. she said.

His breath froze.

- But you'll be in deep shit if he finds out, you know that? she said.

Silence. He had a cramp in the stomach.

- Why do you say that? I just want to talk to her, that's all. he said.
- What do that you not understand, I shall speak to her? she said. You will not stand very long, if ever you're near her, if your feelings are as strong as you say. she replied, coldly.
- What means?
- What means, that you're in deep shit. I will not betray my brother, because thou hast into your head to do so. It will be necessary that you talk to Chung!
- No way. Not before speaking with her. he said.

She turned to him and gave him a look that made him understand that he began, to piss off.

- What will you do if you find yourself with her? How will you feel in the presence of Chung? she asked in a tone abruptly after a few seconds of silence.

His throat dried up. He looked away and spent a nervous hand through his hair.

He loved her, and well beyond, what he was feeling.

- You are really in love with her, Sami. she whispered. It's unbelievable, your eyes speak more than your mouth.

Another silence.

- But it is not possible, she added.
- Yes, and this is my best friend, my brother's heart, for whom I would do anything and everything. I'm ready to break my heart for him. he said.
- Sami?! she said.
- I have no right to fall in love with her. he said categorically, as if I could choose, as if my heart needed a permission.

It was there, it was growing up, and he felt it.

- She will never be with you, she is in love with Chung, and if you knew how, you would not be telling me about that today.
- You think I don't know! You think I don't see her eyes when she looks at him? Shit ... you do shit! he cried.
- You're crazy. she said. Listen to me, Sami. I advise you to be right before than Chung realizes something or before you talk to him. So while you're a little motivated to put cards on table with me, you must to take the opportunity to do the same with him. she said angrily.

He passed again a nervous hand over his face.

He felt the eyes of Mai, on him, and it made him sick. She got up.

- Do you leave? Sami asks.
- No, I'm going to the toilet. she said. You should take this opportunity to reflect on the dangerous game you play, she added.

He paused on a word, game. It was really what he was doing, playing? ... That's what he had always done with others. But it had never crossed his mind to do with her.

Several minutes passed, her stomach knotted, because of what he was talking in the back of Chung. He was as eager to have her near him or that she disappear for real. He thought to the nightmare of Chung when he dreamed he killed Madailéin because she refused him.

Chung is a particular style, guessing almost every time the thoughts, without people having to say them.

He wanted to be in the same room as her. See the emotions on her face. Observe them in their raw state. But again, there was a "but ". The "but" the most dangerous, and, it was, Chung.

"He could definitely kill me. he said to himself.

He went out of his thoughts, when Mai took her place opposite him.

- You've taken time, he said, smiling.
- I took the opportunity to refresh my makeup, she said with some hesitation.

Shortly after, he saw Kido, who approached them. Sami was surprised to see him arrive.

- What are you doing here? Sami said coldly.
- Calm down, I have not come voluntarily, it's Mai who called me in reinforcement, said Kido.
- Ah, ok! That's why you took so long, he said, angrier again.
- Three heads are better than one! she said.
- But what is your craze for this woman, she is ordinary, yet, said Kido.
- How ordinary! Shut up! shouted Sami in hitting him on the shoulder.
- Hey, don't touch me, if you like you fuck up, it's not my fault. Kido said, in shoving him violently.
- I want her and it will never be possible. Sami said.

Kido looked at Sami. "He joking, is not it? Tell me that he joking, he said to himself.

- You don't think the evil that you will do, if you ever tell him you have feelings for her! Kido said.

His answer kept me waiting once again.

- The problem is not there, said Mai. I'm happy for Chung. Why? Because he is happy. she said.
- It's not a joke, you're saying you want to be with her? That you would take his girlfriend? But suppose that happens, you think of the consequences? You'll lose a friend, and more, you'll destroy him, you'll fuck his life away, and me if you do that, I'll disappear from your life. I can never bear to be friends with a traitor, Kido said coldly. Even just to know that you may have thought it, you disgust me. he added.


Kido got up.


- I came here thinking it was a joke. Kido said angrily. And if you have an idea in head, arrange yourself so that I don't find out because you find me on your way.
- What do you mean, said Sami. You treat me nut or what?
- don't touch what is not yours, said Kido. Chung, saved you from trouble several times, me too, but don't count on me on this one, forget me. I escape from here, bye the company.

Kido left the restaurant and Sami ran after him to catch him.

- As if I did not suffer quite like that, you must add more, calling me a sick dangerous. You think I'm going to do what? Kill her? You think it makes me happy to hurt my best friend? Sami said, furious.
- If Chung knows what you think about her, he will kill you. You know that? Kido cried.
- Probably yes, you're right, said Sami.
- You have had sex with her, asked Kido.
- No. Sami replied coldly.
- He seems that you don't know exactly where you are.
- But it is out of question that Chung learn anything. I have to talk to her before, said Sami.
- I strongly advise you to calm your feelings towards her or you tell him before he learns it from someone
else, said Kido.

He nodded thoughtfully.

- If there were not that damn happiness when I see them together, the sadness when I don't see her ...

The regret of not listening to me when it was still time, I regret not having told her, but I wanted to let her to Chung, but it's me who suffers today. said Sami.

- Oh Oh! You mean you had a crush on her, long before than Chung invite her? I understood? Kido said.
- You understood, said Sami.
- I don't know if you know in what shit you're now? Kido asks.

Mai went out the restaurant, and looked at them. She seemed surprised to see them discussed in the parking lot. They were leaning on Kido's car.

- Well, I think I'll go, said Mai. I let you discuss.
- Thanks Mai, for agreeing to listen to me, said Sami.
- It makes me happy, but remember what I told you! she said, fixing it.
- Yes, I'll think about it, said Sami.
- Don't think too long, you might lose to your own game, "she said, unlocking the door of her car.
- Bye Mai, Kido said.
- Bye Kido and tries to convince him to make the right choice, she said, sitting in her car.

Sami reflected for a few moments.

- And what you gonna do? Kido asks

Sami nodded.

- I think I should listen to my heart. he said enigmatically.

Kido scowled, fixing his eyes on him.

- Your heart? Kido said surprised.
- Illusory, but ... tempting. Sami said.
- Suicide would be the right word, said Kido.
- I know I could never have her, because there is Chung. She came into my life, like a slap, lively and
incisive. I thought that she would just be another face in my life. And no matter that I will do, she struck me, and she was inlaid in my skin. Sami said.
- The truth is that you have done a good poet, but there is another truth, you don't want to live. If Chung knew what you feel for her, your life expectancy would be very limited. Kido said.
- I know, said Sami.

_________________________________

http://twitter.com/Karole_McDowell
http://www.facebook.com/karole.mcdowell

Karole McDowell 2011 - (c) Reproduction is prohibited without permission from the author.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Écrivez un commentaire